Saturday, July 27, 2013

An incredibly important introspection

"Paul, we all want to live the kind of life you are living," Swee Ain confessed while Alfred sang Streets of London in Stones Pub.

After further probing, I found out that he said what he said because through his lens, I m a person who seems to have the Midas touch...someone that others want to be around. He sees me as a person who is fun, happy and exciting.

In reflection, I realised the catalyst - the simple wisdom - that had shaped my life was something someone had once given me. I used to (and still do) ask myself regularly, "What is it about me that other people would want to change if they could?"

I check myself in many areas. What is it about the way I dress that other people would want to change if they could? What is it about the way I act that other people would want to change if they could? What is it about the way i talk that other people would want to change if they could?

This is an incredibly important introspection.

No comments: