Saturday, July 20, 2013

Personal development plan

I started mid-year Personal Development Plan discussions with my team members yesterday.

I have seen many sales people who often fall prey to the trap of not placing priority on their personal development, which can be a career buster. Some I know are too busy doing more urgent things, others place an overreliance on their boss or their organization for their development. And some others simply don't give their personal development a great deal of thought.

Take it from me: do not count on your boss or organization, because in the end no one cares about your career development as much as you should and do. No one!

Developing yourself is critically important to long-term career success and better results, so make it one of your priorities. You simply must keep your skills in tune with the growing demands of your job to keep your career on track and to help you sleep better at night.

No comments: