Saturday, September 22, 2012

If everything is important, nothing is

"Perhaps hurting my knee has a silver lining. I stayed in-house this week and converted quite a few groups," Clarice pointed out.

In my past life, I've frequently worked with having too many top priorities to achieve the level of focus my team needs to succeed. Wanting to cover all my bases, I established a long list of disparate objectives nd spread my team's scarce time andeergy across them all. The result is almost always a lot of initiatives being done in a mediocre way and a failure to accomplish what matters most.

I came to realize this somewhat by accident: If everything is important, nothing is.

1 thing has to be most important, even if there are other worthy goals under consideration. For me, the question these days is, What is most important, right now?

 

No comments: