Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stepping stones











The opening sentence in the GM of Capella's message was: "We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

In this 1st hour of January 2012, I recall january 1987 when, at 23, I left home to start my career in Kuala Lumpur as a computer operator with American express. I worked on three shifts...including the graveyard shift. I had to overcome many obstacles all throughout my professional life.

Reflecting on those times, including 2011, I now know that rejections and obstacles continually arise, and our success is often dictated by how we deal with them. However, I've proven that an obstacle can be a stepping stone on the path to success. I hope that the information I provide will help someone overcome obstacles and reach new heights of achievement.

No comments: