Friday, May 6, 2016

ACE - thanks for the gift!

At 17 today, ACE is a young adult. Old enough that his parents are no longer looking over his shoulder daily, but young enough that many choices are still open for him to explore and he can enjoy many different aspects of life.

When I was 17, I didn't think about aging or mortality. I was too busy living to think about older age. I was aware of my youth and basked in it. I lived in the now.

As I grow (I never age, I only grow), I start to learn who I am through the choices I make and how I react to whatever life throws at me. Rather than live in the now, I think about future goals - career goals or raising a child and helping him reach his goals.

Our children will remind us of our own pasts, what we used to do and think at that age.

I am a better human being for having been given the inestimable privilege of being a dad.

ACE - thanks for the gift.




No comments: