Sunday, February 21, 2016

We must try rest, exercise anjd nourishment

"Over the past 6 years, I've had a serious heart attack, kidney problems and now uric acid issues," Billy declared. "But I can't slow down. If I slow down, I won't be Billy anymore."

Stress wears down the body. It is a proven fact that stress always tends to shut down the immune system. Stress also lure us into a telescope trap. Everything begins to look and feel oversized.

My knee surgery was a blessing in disguise. That was the beginning of my career as a gymer. I started out with light exercises twice a week and am not religiously doing an hour four times a week. Nowadays I find that the best remedy for tiredness or weariness is a workout in the gym. Inaction tends to make us sluggish. I increase my energy supply by exercise. I also find that stress and tension are greatly reduced by regular physical exercise.

In addition to exercise, a good psychotherapist recommended a program of rest and nourishment. Without this care, he said, the quality of our lives are greatly reduced. The world just doesn't make sense, and life begins to feel like a painful treadmill.
 

No comments: