Thursday, February 28, 2013

An extraordinary journey

Tomorrow I will attend my uncle's requiem service.

For the past 8 months, I have observed my cousins' travelling an extraordinary road together as they journeyed toward the final moments of Unc Lawrence. Extraordinary because it is not an uncommon path. To e contrary, it is a universal path.  It has been an extraordinary journey because they have had no map, yet they were tightly bound by their biological links. And because none of them knew exactly how to get where they were going.

It has been a rough trip. They have open wounds. They have scars. And they have memories. At times, travelling with a cancer-stricken parent seem like a forced march.

But I salute Barb and Fabian because they have dealt with the roadblocks, followed the detours, found the route, and made this trip together.

Now, this is a healing time for them.

No comments: