Friday, September 24, 2010

Investment of time

"I am going to bring my son to watch a play on Children's Day,"Molly revealed while queuing for jack Canfield to sign her books.

Like many fathers, I find that the more successful I am, the less time I have for my family. What I'm learning, sometimes the hard way, is that I have to say "no"to some things in order to be successful in family things.

Each day, everyone of us is given an alloted amount of time - 24 hours, 1440 minutes or 86,400 seconds. Whichever way we count it, we only have so much time and when it's gone, it's gone. We will never get back one hour, one minute or one second.

I look at my time as an investment. I believe one the best and smartest investments of my time is in my child's life, not only for him, but for me as well. We're building a legacy that will hopefully live on long after we're gone. When we breathed our last breaths, we can't take any of our achievements and material things with us. What will really matter are the lives we've poured ourselves into, especially our children who will grow up to affect hundreds of people.

Barbara Bush went so far as to say,"At the end of your life you will never regret not having one more test, not winning one more verdict, or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a child or a parent."

ACE and I

No comments: