Thursday, September 30, 2010

Every new day changes me

"2 boys turned aggressive when a team from the New Paper approached them to follow up on a story that appeared in a chinese newspaper the day before," reported The New Paper. "Lianhe Wanbao reported on Monday that a man forced his wife and 2 children to run around their Circuit Road about 40 times over 3 hours on Sunday afternoon."

As a kid, I began to change just from simple childhood experiences. When I was 5, and followed my late grandad to market daily, I learned how to negotiate and bargain. That changed me. When I had asthma and couldn't go out to play, I learned to love reading and writing - and that changed me forever. When I was 18, and started working selling PCs, I learned to endure tough work. And when I was 19, and started travelling around Europe for 28 days on my own, I learned to be independent. All these changes helped me to learn. The most important things I learned was that the smarter I got, the dumber I realised I was.

If we don't change at least a little on every one of our chapters in life, we're just going through the motions.


No comments: