Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grow in defeat.

"United have shown in the past that one heavy defeat need not be the end of their title campaign - they famously lost 5-0 to Newcastle in 1996 but ended up cruising to the title - but Ferguson admitted the club has been suffering from the drubbing by City at Old Trafford last Sunday" reported teamtalk.com

My father has always preached to me the importance on mental toughness - a "winning habit" that enables us, leaders to ride out the inevitable setbacks and bumps in the road.

Likewise, I regard highly individuals in my team who got stronger and gain resolve when they lost. I want people around me who found ways to grow in defeat. Such individuals are a rare commodity but if I could assemble a handful of people who could react to adversity that way - who could "use defeat as a stumulus to tougher effort" - that would be the core of a magnificent team.

No comments: