Saturday, January 12, 2013

No lonelier decision

Should he undergo an angiogram and angioplasty which he might not survive? Or should he not undergo one and may not make it to the hospital on time the next flare-up?

Today, my dad is alive - very ill, but alive. As I prepare to visit him tomorrow in the hospital, I am overwhelmed by the doubt and pain of addressing the above life-and-death decision. Tomorrow's discussion with mum, Ben and dad will hopefully spare me the agony of wondering if I've made the right decision.

I think there is no lonelier decision to make in this world than the one that might lead a parent (or any loved one) to die. I pray with all my heart to spare my child this agony.

I have decided that I will live with whatever decision my dad makes...if he chooses to make it. If he doesn't then it is mine to make and mine to live with. And i hope that on the other side of this decision, both my dad and I will find peace. I think I am ready.

No comments: